Showing posts with label Oliver Darcy. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Oliver Darcy. Show all posts

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Reporters Had Rare Opportunity To Question Hillary Clinton


By Oliver Darcy, Jun. 3, 2015, The Blaze

Reporters traveling with Hillary Clinton were given the opportunity to ask the Democratic presidential contender a few questions Friday — and they lobbed a few softballs her direction.

Here’s a transcript of the question and answer session from the pool report:

Q: Bernie got almost 10,000 people at his recent rally. What does that say about him as a candidate and why aren’t you drawing those crowds.

A: “well, we each run or own campaigns and I always knew this was gonna be competitive, and i want to have a great debate in the primary and caucuses around the country and that’s what I’m looking forward to.”

Q: (exact phrasing inaudible) question about the Clintons’ connection to the state.

A: “You know, that’s really true. We are so fond of and grateful to New Hampshire. We have friends hat we’ve made over the years that we’ve stayed in close touch with. I obviously care deeply about the state and admire so many of the public officials, Jeanne Shaheen, Maggie Hassan is a good friend, so I love coming to New Hampshire, and I love going to every part of the state, and I’m happy to be here in the upper valley.”



Join us - become an Elderado today at: LarryElder.com

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Activists Plan To Burn American Flags In New York City Ahead of Fourth of July

By Oliver Darcy, Jun. 30, 2015, The Blaze

A group calling for the immediate disarmament of the New York Police Department plans to burn American flags in a Brooklyn park on Wednesday, just days before the Fourth of July holiday.

“Disarm NYPD” announced the “Burn the American Flags” event on Facebook, inviting individuals to join the organization at Fort Greene Park to “set fire to this symbol of oppression.”

Organizers said accused Charleston shooter Dylann Roof wasn’t an “isolated actor,” but a “product of a consistent pattern of state-sponsored terrorism and radicalized dehumanization in America.” The event originally was aimed at burning the Confederate flag, but later changed to focus on the stars and stripes.

“There will be no peace until we tear down this system of oppression,” the group wrote on Facebook. “It isn’t enough to take the flag down; we must put an end to white supremacy once and for all.”



Join us - become an Elderado today at: LarryElder.com 

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Newly Released Documents Indicate Key Hillary Clinton Claim On Emails Was Not True

By Oliver Darcy, May 18, 2015, The Blaze

Emails published by the New York Times Monday indicate that Hillary Clinton used more than one private email address during her time as secretary of state, contradicting previous claims from the Democratic presidential contender’s office.

Multiple emails show Clinton used account “hrod17@clintonemail.com” while serving in the Obama administration as secretary of state.

Clinton’s attorney, David Kendall, had previously told Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) that that particular address had not “existed during Secretary Clinton’s tenure as Secretary of State.”

Another statement from Clinton’s office said she only used one address during her time at the State Department.

“Secretary Clinton used one email account during her tenure at State (with the exception of her first weeks in office while transitioning from an email account she had previously used),” it said. “In March 2013, Gawker published the email address she used while Secretary, and so she had to change the address on her account.”

Clinton served as secretary of state from January 2009 to February 2013. The emails she sent through “hrod17@clintonemail.com” were sent in 2011 and 2012, according to the documents released by the Times.

A representative for Clinton’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheBlaze.


Read the full story:  www.theblaze.com

Join us - become an Elderado today at: LarryElder.com 

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Sunday, March 15, 2015

DNC Chair Asks People to Name Their ‘Favorite’ Democratic Policy, Plan Backfires Immediately

By Oliver Darcy, Mar. 13, 2015, TheBlaze.com

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) asked individuals on Twitter to name their “favorite” Democratic policy — many replied, but it’s unlikely the response was what she hoped for.


Read the full story:  www.theblaze.com

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Sunday, February 22, 2015

O’Reilly Blasts ‘Disgusting’ Report Claiming He Misled Viewers About War Reporting: ‘Bunch Of Lies

By Oliver Darcy, Feb. 19, 2015, TheBlaze.com

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly had sharp words for a Thursday report alleging he misled viewers about his time covering the Falklands War.

“It’s a bunch of lies and a politically motivated hit piece,” O’Reilly told TheBlaze by phone Thursday evening, adding, “Everything I have said is absolutely 100 percent true.”

The famed Fox News host was reacting to a report in Mother Jones that claimed he was not truthful in the past when recounting his experience covering the 1982 conflict. The left-leaning publication quoted O’Reilly citing his experience covering the Falklands War as proof he had reported in “active war zones.”

“I was in a situation one time, in a war zone in Argentina, in the Falklands, where my photographer got run down and then hit his head and was bleeding from the ear on the concrete,” O’Reilly said, for instance, during a 2013 segment on his program.

O’Reilly maintained Thursday evening that everything he said was truthful, pointing to his coverage of the war from Buenos Aires and taking a shot at David Corn, the author of the Mother Jones report.

“I never said I was in the Falkland islands — ever. I said I covered the Falkland Islands War,” he told TheBlaze. “And if that moron doesn’t think it was a war zone in Buenos Aires, then he’s even dumber than I think he is.”


Read the full story:  www.theblaze.com

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

CNN Anchor Tweets Out Photo of 'Measles Shot Scar'

By Oliver Darcy, Feb. 2, 2015, TheBlaze.com

CNN anchor Don Lemon tweeted out a photo Monday evening that generated immediate backlash online.

“My #measles shot scar from childhood. Do we still need it?” he asked on Twitter.


The problem? The scar Lemon tweeted was likely not caused by a Measles shot, but rather from Smallpox vaccine — and Twitter users were quick to point that out.

“That’s smallpox vaccine,” one individual tweeted to him.

Read the full story:  www.theblaze.com


Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Controversy After Eminem Drops More Than A Dozen F-Bombs On National Mall During ‘Concert for Valor’

Oliver Darcy, Nov. 11, 2014, The Blaze

Individuals turned to Twitter following Eminem’s performance on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., to both defend and express outrage over the rapper’s flagrant use of the F-bomb at The Concert for Valor.

The Detroit rapper riddled his HBO-streamed performance with curse words at the concert aimed at supporting U.S. servicemen and women.

“Happy motherf***ing Veterans Day,” Eminem shouted into the microphone.

Read more: www.theblaze.com


Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Trooper’s ‘Disturbing’ Actions Captured In Shock Footage: ‘Get Out Of The Car!’

By Oliver Darcy, Sept. 25, 2014, Theblaze.com

New video released by the South Carolina Highway Patrol shows an officer shoot a man during a routine traffic stop earlier this month.

Footage shows the trooper, Sean Groubert, 31, pull over an individual and ask for his license September 4th.

When the man, Levar Jones, 35, reaches back into his vehicle to retrieve the documents, the trooper shouts “get out of the car.” Moments later, he fires at the man.

“Get on the ground!” the trooper yells after shooting him.




Read the full story:  www.theblaze.com

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Friday, July 25, 2014

Video: Woman In Labor ‘Not Allowed’ To Cross Street To Hospital Over Obama’s Impending Motorcade


By Oliver Darcy, Jul. 24, 2014, Theblaze.com

UPDATE — 6:30 p.m. ET: The Secret Service told KNBC-TV that the incident is under investigation by the LAPD.

“The Secret Service works closely with state and local police counterparts in planning for and conducting motorcade movements of our protectees,” Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary told the outlet in an email. “It is always our policy to prepare for and facilitate medical emergencies, medical flights, ambulances etc. in the fastest and safest way possible.”


Witnesses say a pregnant woman in labor was prevented by authorities from crossing a Los Angeles street to a hospital Wednesday because the road had been closed for President Barack Obama’s impending motorcade.

The unidentified woman was barred from walking the few hundred feet to the hospital for at least 30 minutes as authorities waited for the president’s motorcade to pass by, witness Carrie Clifford told TheBlaze early Thursday morning.

“I felt bad for her,” Clifford said. “It does happen when Obama comes to L.A. or I’m sure anywhere else. It paralyzes the city, it does make it complicated.”

“You can’t do the things you had set out to do because the president is in town,” she added.

Read the full story:   www.theblaze.com

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook