Showing posts with label Keith Olbermann. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Keith Olbermann. Show all posts

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Inside NBC News Turmoil

By Jordan Chariton, July 29, 2015 The Wrap

For Deborah Turness, NBC’s 30 Rock is no longer rocking.

An insider with knowledge of the NBC News executive suite told TheWrap that under new NBC News-MSNBC Chairman Andrew Lack, who took over in April after the removal of Pat Fili-Krushel, NBC News President Deborah Turness’ influence has been significantly diminished as Lack tries to break down the walls between NBC and MSNBC.

“Andy has taken the reins and allowed Deborah to stay as long as she’d like,” the insider said, adding that Lack isn’t imminently trying to oust her, but isn’t exactly pleading for her take on big decisions.

Read More: http://www.thewrap.com




J
oin us - become an Elderado today at: LarryElder.com  

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Keith Olbermann, ESPN To Part Ways Once Again

By Marisa Guthrie July 8, 2015, Hollywood Reporter

Keith Olbermann is exiting ESPN once again.

The television personality, who rejoined the sports network in August 2013, won't be renewing his deal to anchor his ESPN2 program. The news follows a THR report on July 1, noting that ESPN management floated an ultimately unworkable caveat: that Olbermann cease engaging in commentary.

"Keith is a tremendous talent who has consistently done timely, entertaining and thought-provoking work since returning to ESPN," the network said in a statement. "While the show’s content was distinctive and extremely high quality, we ultimately made a business decision to move in another direction. We wish Keith nothing but the best and trust that his skill and ability will lead him to another promising endeavor.”

Network executives also floated the idea of having Olbermann take his show to the network's headquarters in Bristol or to the Los Angeles facility rather than the ABC News Times Square studio in New York that ESPN leases for Olbermann - a move that would save ESPN $40 million at a time when the sports leader is feeling a financial pinch from its Disney corporate parents. ESPN president John Skipper has been given a mandate to cut $100 million from the network's budget next year and $250 million in 2017. 


Read More: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com



Join us - become an Elderado today at: LarryElder.com  

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Sunday, April 26, 2015

ESPN's Keith Olbermann ESPN'S Keith Olbermann Calls For Boycott Of NFL Draft, Mayweather Vs. Pacquiao Fight

By Nick Schwarz, Apr. 25, 2015, USA Today

The NFL Draft is just five days away, and Floyd Mayweather will meet Manny Pacquiao in the richest fight in boxing history next Saturday. ESPN’s Keith Olbermann argued on his show that fans can take a stand against domestic violence by boycotting both events.

“The choices are about where we as sports fans, where we as human beings, draw the line about domestic violence in this country. Jameis Winston is still likely to be the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft. Jameis Winston, with an overall public conduct record that makes Johnny Manziel look like a hall monitor, and fresh from making a public excuse for walking out of a supermarket with three pounds of crab legs that is so completely nonsensical that it sounds like it was dreamt up by the crab legs.

The juries have already ruled on Floyd Mayweather, five times. In a report this afternoon on Outside the Lines John Barr told of Floyd Mayweather’s record of criminal violence against women, which cascades down upon you like an avalanche…. You will support this excuse for a man? You will help him continue to behave as if his conduct is acceptable in the 21st century, or the 20th, or the 19th? I won’t. I regret this deeply. I met Manny Pacquiao last year, and a quieter, more respectful, more dignified boxer I’ve never encountered. May he make millions more, but I will not give Floyd Mayweather a dime.”


Read the full story:  www.usatoday.com

Join us - become an Elderado today at: LarryElder.com

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Olbermann Apologized To Clinton For MSNBC's 'Ceaseless' Lewinsky Coverage 

By Michael Calderone, Oct. 10, 2014, Huffingtonpost.com

NEW YORK -- Keith Olbermann once apologized to then-President Bill Clinton for his part in MSNBC's "ceaseless coverage" of the scandal over the president's affair with White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

An email describing Olbermann's Oct. 1998 apology, and a possible response from Clinton, appeared Friday in a batch of documents released by the National Archives and available through the Clinton Presidential Library.

It read that Olbermann, who was part of the upstart cable network's continuous coverage of the Lewinsky scandal, had apologized to Clinton for "whatever part I may have played in perpetuating this ceaseless coverage."

The email included what appears to be a response prepared for Clinton to give to Olbermann:

Dear Keith: 
Thanks so much for your kind message. I’ve been touched by the many expressions of encouragement and support I have received from friends across the country.
I’m grateful you got in touch with me, and I send you my very best wishes. 
Sincerely, POTUS.
Read the full story:  www.huffingtonpost.com

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Friday, July 25, 2014

NBC Posts Obligatory Tony Dungy Apology

Tony Dungy
By Daniel J. Flynn, Jul. 22, 2014, Breitbart.com

Tony Dungy issued the obligatory apology today regarding comments about Michael Sam appearing Monday in the Tampa Tribune.

"I wouldn't have taken him," Dungy said in Monday's paper. "Not because I don’t believe Michael Sam should have a chance to play, but I wouldn't want to deal with all of it."

In response to Dungy's assessment, Keith Olbermann dubbed him "the worst person in the sports world." A Bleacher Report writer called the former player and coach's take "spectacularly ignorant."

Dungy points out in a post today at ProFootballTalk, owned by his employer NBC, that he made the comments weeks ago in the aftermath of reports of a reality-television show for the openly-gay player. He says that the defensive end isn't the distraction but the media hype surrounding him is. The Super Bowl champion coach and player wrote:


Read the full story:  www.breitbart.com

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tony Dungy Responds To Critics


Tony Dungy
via www.washingtonspeakers.com
By Paul Bois, Jul. 22, 2014, Truthrevolt.com

After being labeled the "World's Worst Person" by Keith Olbermann Monday night for stating he would never have drafted Michael Sam -- pro-football's first openly gay player -- beloved football coach Tony Dungy has released a statement on Fox Sports in response to his critics.

On Monday afternoon while on vacation with my family, I was quite surprised to read excerpts from an interview I gave several weeks ago related to this year's NFL Draft, and I feel compelled to clarify those remarks.

I was asked whether I would have drafted Michael Sam and I answered that would not have drafted him. I gave my honest answer, which is that I felt drafting him would bring much distraction to the team. At the time of my interview, the Oprah Winfrey reality show that was going to chronicle Michael's first season had been announced.

I was not asked whether or not Michael Sam deserves an opportunity to play in the NFL. He absolutely does.

I was not asked whether his sexual orientation should play a part in the evaluation process. It should not.


Read the full story:  www.truthrevolt.org

Follow Larry Elder on Twitter
"Like" Larry Elder on Facebook